Dr Rahul Mogal
0203 146 1771
MBBS MRCP (Resp)
Dr Mogal is a Consultant in Respiratory and General Medicine with specialist interest in Interventional Pulmonology.
He is trained as a respiratory specialist in London gaining experience at the Royal London and London Chest Hospitals. He undertook a Clinical Fellowship in Interventional Bronchoscopy at Thoraxklinik, Heidelberg, Germany. He has experience in specialised interventional procedures such as EBUS (Endobronchial Ultrasound), endobronchial stenting, valves and coils. He manages patients with entire range of respiratory conditions including asthma, allergy, bronchiectasis, COPD, lung cancer, lung fibrosis, lung infections including TB, pulmonary nodules, sarcoidosis, sleep apnoea, unexplained cough or breathlessness etc.
Dr Mogal has a very patient-focused approach to care and believes in providing high standard of care. He has excellent feedback from his patients. He gives attention to patient details to understand their concerns and tailors treatment to their preferences.
His areas of interest are:
• Abnormal chest X-ray or CT scan investigations
• Chest pain
• COPD – Chronic bronchitis or emphysema
• Lung cancer
• Lung fibrosis
• Lung infections including recurrent chest infections, pneumonia, tuberculosis (TB)
• Pleural diseases such as asbestos related lung diseases and pleural effusions
• Pulmonary nodules
• Snoring and sleep apnoea
And the procedures he performs are:
• Chest drain
• Flexible bronchoscopy
• Indwelling pleural catheter
• Interventional bronchoscopy - including Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS), endobronchial valves and coils, endobronchial stenting
• Medical thoracoscopy
• Pleural aspiration
• Skin prick tests for allergy.